Thursday, September 16, 2010

Why am I having so much trouble finding an IT position?

Hi everyone,

I need some good hearted individuals to help me out here.

I've been hunting for an IT Desktop support/networking entry position for over a month and half now. I have 5+ years of experience (all in college), I worked as a Tier 3 desktop support Tech and later as an IT consultant for a grant research project. I have lots of hands on experience, but I do not hold A+ cert or a ccna(although I completely grasp concepts such as subnetting, tcp/ip, lan switching etc). Financial circumstances led to a complete halt of my academic career. I'm willing to share my resume to some of the users here, I will change some personal details ofcourse. I really hope for some honest advice from people in the bussiness of IT, or even out of IT. Keep in mind that going back to school now is just out of the question. I'm 26. Is that old?