Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Why can't I get a job?

I have been looking for a job in IT for over a year now and I have got nowhere. I have an HNC in Computing with Technical support and I did part of an HND but had to drop out due to personal problems. I'm more interested in the Support side, I'm pretty sure I could do desktop support or hardware support, but everywhere I look, you need to have 2 or 3 years experience before they even look at you, how do you get experience if no-one will give you the opportunity to get any? I've also got an HND in Automotive Engineering but I gave up on the idea of being a mechanic for a living because no one would take me on, because I wasn't 'time served', even although I never have to visit a garage because I do all my own repairs, and I mean ALL! I have thought about starting up on my own as either a freelance IT Consultant or a Mobile Mechanic but I have no idea how to go about this, I'm in a real jam, I'm stuck driving buses at the moment, which I'm beginning to dispise, I cant do it much more!